- This topic is empty.
September 23, 2020 at 1:57 PM #5487The Virtual CampgroundKeymaster
Welcome to The Virtual Campground Forums! We are thrilled you are here.
Our mission is to create community among those who love to RV and those that are exploring it. We hope you can find your tribe within this community so your travels can be more fun. RV people are the best people and happy to share information. These Forum Guidelines set expectations so we can all support one another and this community.
Not following the rules will result in being blocked from commenting and the forums. The decision for what breaks these rules lies solely with those moderating the forum. While we understand everyone has a different view of these words, this is a community and moderators will lean to the conservative side in deciding what is inappropriate.
Rule #1 – Be kind and welcoming!
This RV community is positive and friendly. You are encouraged to share your opinions and reviews with a goal to help fellow RVers.
- No racism, sexism or any of those -isms
- No political posturing or statements
- No inappropriate language – (you know, those words that a 7 year old shouldn’t say)
- No bullying, degrading, harassment, or calling each other names (we are not in grade school)
- No content that is illegal, obscene, defamatory or just plain rude.
- No impersonating another community member or outsider
- No spam, scams, or unsolicited sales advertising
- No copyright infringing material
- No sharing of personal information other than your own
- Keep all language, wording, pictures, etc. family friendly and inclusive. We have children present.
- Just be NICE!
All comments are public and open to anyone in our community, which is diverse in many ways including attitudes, opinions and ages.
Rule #2 – Be respectful
- People can be sensitive towards criticism or perceived criticism, so keep your responses positive and constructive.
- If you read a posting and feel that the replier misunderstood your post, give the writer the benefit of the doubt. Communicating on-line is very difficult.
- Be careful with humor and sarcasm, it does not always translate broadly in writing.
- We have a lot of new RVers. Those with experience please be kind and share your knowledge or point our newbies to the right place to find answers. The answer is not “Google it.” Remember you were once new and others helped you!
- If you don’t have a positive and helpful comment, don’t comment…just keep moving.
#3 – Promotion and Commercial Solicitations:
- We ask that you do not promote your products or services in the forums
- When providing an answer to a question, please answer in the forum instead of just providing a link to your website or social media.
- Absolutely no affiliate links or self-promoting links to personal commercial websites. If you are interested in selling your products to the RV community, please private message us from our profile to discuss posting on Marketplace.
- No Instagram, YouTube or any other Social Media links.
#4 – Be Helpful and Relevant
- Keep comments limited to the discussion topic you are posting under. If you want to start a new discussion on a new topic, feel free to add it in the appropriate forum.
- Participants can add a topic in a forum. If you are interested in adding a forum, please contact the Forum Admin in the feedback area.
#5 – Check for yourself
- We encourage everyone to share knowledge and opinions. As you read these, keep in mind that these are personal views nor are they the opinion of The Virtual Campground.
- We do not verify reviews or information posted by members. It is up to you to verify any advice or tips that you decide to try.
Moderators and Violation of Rules:
- Moderators are expected to be visible and present in their forums, but cannot be present 24/7. If you find something offensive or that breaks our rules, please private message us by clicking on our name and then clicking the private message by our profile picture.
- If you are interested in becoming a moderator, please private message us and let us know what categories or forums you would like to moderate. We would love more moderators in order to expand our topics.
- This is a privately owned and operated group. We reserve the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post that we feel fall outside our guidelines.
- If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material.
- Discussion about a moderator or any abuse towards a moderator will not be tolerated. The same rules of kindness apply to us!
- Anyone violating the rules can be warned or banned and their user account can be closed.
Someone has to interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it’s up to our site moderators and administrators to make this decision.
Essentially, we ask you to follow the Platinum Rule:
“Do unto others as they would want done to them.”
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.