Whether you’re taking a weeklong trip to visit family or living full-time in your rig, RVs let you travel in style.
And as long as you are traveling to be more comfortable than squeezing into a sedan and staying in hotels, you can also make your rig more homey. Consider these ideas to create an inviting interior with the comfort of your own bedroom.
Add Wall Hangings
While you normally see art and pictures of family hanging on the walls in houses, some don’t consider doing this in a RV. Yet artwork adds a lot to the ambiance. It isn’t as simple as hammering in a nail and we want to avoid hitting a bump causing things to fall.
Fortunately, you can keep your wall hangings steady without nails. Command makes Velcro wall adhesives that you can attach to every side of a frame, keeping it even more secure than a nail. Depending on the weight, you might be able to add only pieces along the top and bottom or might have to add strips, but the Velcro protects against falls. Using frames with plastic covers or no covers at all helps to avoid breaks if there are falls. Most of the artwork in our home are photographs on canvas so no frames at all.
Choose Good Bedding
One of the reasons that you travel in a RV is so that you always have your own bed so make sure you make the most of your bedroom. RV mattresses are not always the most comfortable so be sure to change it out for something that fits you best or add the right mattress topper. . Invest in a quality sleep-worthy pillow and sheets suited for the weather and your sleep style. It is amazing what a difference the right sheets can make in adding
comfort and a touch of luxury to your night. Remember you spend a lot of time in bed and you deserve a comfort!
Decorate for the Holidays
The holidays bring a unique opportunity to decorate and get into the spirit of the season. And don’t limit it to Christmas, you can decorate for any season including spring, Halloween, or Valentine’s Day. Here are a few holiday design ideas for your RV:
- Replace your outdoor string of lights for something more colorful in keeping with the season
- Place twinkle lights along the windshield of your rig or in the windows.
- Holiday-themed throw pillows or blankets. To limit storing special occasion pillows, you can just replace the pillow cases with holiday designs or colors
- Window decals and signs
- Tabletop decorations like mini Christmas trees or pumpkins. Try real pumpkins or rosemary trees so that you don’t have to worry about storage.
- Natural hangings like fall leaves, wreaths, popcorn, dried oranges, or holly.
Bring a Little Home on the Road
It can be the added special things that really make your RV feel special and bring a smile to your face every time you see them. For those who are selling their house for full-time living or for those who get homesick, a few special pieces from your bricks and mortar home can make a huge difference. For example:
- A few books not only add to décor but can also be treasures bought on the road to remind you of a special place.
- A treasured stuffed animal or memento that reminds you of someone or somewhere special
- A cozy blanket
- Photographs to hang or to place on your frig
As we RVers say, home is where we park it so make sure you make your RV feel like home.
Leave a Reply